Tuesday, May 12, 2015

             Homework Week 6
Our concept for the rest of this term is: Take a walk in someone else's shoes.


Talk to your parents about what you think this means and why we have it as a focus for the term. 

Now think of some people whose shoes you would like to walk in for a day. It could be someone famous: a sportsperson, an actor, a singer, or a politician.

Or, it could be: a child in Nepal after the earthquake, a scientist on the international space station, an explorer like James Cook or Christopher Columbus, a police officer; a chef, a road worker, Darth Vader...

Make a list of all those people whose lives you are curious about. Say why you would like to walk in their shoes. What would you like to experience/find out about their lives?

For those who wish to take this further, here are some options:

  • Create a fact profile of one or two of these people.
  • List their challenges in life, and where appropriate, their achievements.
  • Think about the things that most people wouldn't know about this person unless they had 'walked a mile in their shoes'. You might have to do some research. You certainly will have to do some thinking!




REMEMBER TO: READ EVERY NIGHT FOR AT LEAST 20 MINUTES 

PRACTISE YOUR TABLES/BASIC FACTS/MATHS STRATEGIES



4 comments:

  1. I think walking in someone else shoes means taking there places and doing what they do. I want to walk in Superman's shoes because I want to experience his powers and saving people from super villains.

    I want to take this further by posting Superman's profile feeling, strength and weaknesses on my google drive.
    By Carl.D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mz H I finished my homework it's in my inquiry folder.
    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished the list of people but I haven't finished the profile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My home work is in my drive and I did nick fury (Adam Marcinowski) and Tony stark (Robert Downey Jr)

    ReplyDelete